Volunteering at Mon Sheong
How do I become a Volunteer at Mon Sheong Long-Term Care Centre?
- Register and attend an information session
- Complete a volunteer application form
- Pass the reference check, police check and medical check
- Attend an interview
- Participate in a general orientation session, any specialized training required by placement area
What are the requirements for becoming a volunteer?
- The minimum age is 18 years old
- You must be healthy, with no evidence of active Tuberculosis and free from communicable diseases
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Enjoy working with seniors
- Can act independently and is open to new ideas
- Are serious about their volunteer commitment
- Is warm and friendly, and have energy and enthusiasm
- Can do one shift a week of at least three hours on a regular basis
- Can make a commitment for at last 6 months
Click here to download application form for becoming a Mon Sheong volunteer (PDF) .
For further information, please contact Volunteer Services and Youth Group Development
Tel: 416-291-3898 ext. 3021 Fax: 416-297-8322