Reports to Activation Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for assisting the operations of recreational, leisure and educational programs in accordance with residents’ abilities, strengths, interests and former lifestyles.
- Provide assistance to Activation Supervisor in planning, development and implementation of daily activities and programs for residents.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating quality leisure and recreation services.
- Escort residents to daily activities and programs; encourage new residents to socialize with existing residents to promote harmony and friendship.
- Assist residents to participate in the daily activities and programs.
- Perform set up of newspaper stand and materials/equipment set up for games/activities.
- Assist with decoration of facility for special events and holidays; take down and store decoration material after the events.
- Record and maintain documentation of recreation and leisure procedures and schedules.
- Research and make recommendations to Activation Supervisor on new games/activities.
- Encourage family members to participate in special event celebration with residents.
- Assist in training volunteers and provide support and guidance as needed.
- Perform clean up and disinfect used equipment after each session.
- Observe and monitor residents’ behaviour and response to the program; record feedback from residents of existing programs.
- Participate in evaluating the effectiveness of existing programs; incorporate feedback from residents to build new programs/improve existing programs.
- Attend to the daily needs and requests of residents, as needed.
- Other job duties might be assigned from time to time.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent required;
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration or a related field an asset;
- 1 year of administrative experience;
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team;
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail;
- Intermediate computer skills and working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment;
- Good problem-solving skills and time management skills;
- Available to work weekends;
- Proficiency in Cantonese and English, both oral and written; Mandarin an asset.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if require accommodation.