Report to the Financial Controller, the incumbent is responsible for assisting the Financial Controller in all areas of Financial Accounting such as general ledger, financial reporting, year-end audit, cash management, asset management, insurance administration, compliances and internal controls.
- Supervise the Financial Administrative Coordinator on the administrative roles in banking, contract and investment.
- Collaborate with the business units of the organization to complete the accounting period close in a timely manner.
- Prepare financial statements including cash flow and note disclosures in accordance with the Canadian GAAP for both internal and external users.
- Prepare financial analysis, management reports, KPIs to the management and the standing committee of the corresponding business units.
- Conduct testing on the compliance of the organization’s financial policy, internal controls and process efficiency; identify risk areas, develop a program to mitigate risks under the guidance of the Financial Controller and Senior Management.
- Streamline and manage the vendor payment process.
- Maintain insurance (general commercial liabilities, property, and Worker’s Compensation) programs.
- Assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of analytical review on financial statements, and present highlights, recommendations to senior management.
- Assist the Financial Controller to coordinate the annual financial statements audit and external statutory audits.
- Assist the Financial Controller in the formulation of accounting policies in accordance to the Canadian GAAP.
- Assist the Financial Controller to ensure compliances in financial, taxes and other statutory reporting.
- Assist the Financial Controller to coordinate cross-training and development for the staff in Financial Accounting.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A CPA designation (completed or in final stages of acquiring) with in-depth knowledge on Canadian GAAP and Federal/Provincial tax regulations.
- 5 years of related experience in not-for-profit environments, experience in property management, long-term care home or hospital, and cost analysis would be an asset.
- Extensive experience with MS Office software and Sage ACCPAC accounting software.
- Organized, detail-oriented with strong analytical, leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Cantonese.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of commitment to customer service towards internal and external customers
- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership and confidentiality.
- Ability to think creatively, highly self-driven and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines with a proactive approach.
- Willingness to work extended hours to meet reporting requirements.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.