Report to the Manager of Nutrition and Dietary Services or designate at Mon Sheong Richmond Hill Long Term Care Centre, the incumbent must prepare and serve food to the residents as well as maintain the highest quality standard of food production, cleanliness, and sanitation in the work area and with the equipment.
- Prepare and serve meals to residents;
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation standard of all kitchen equipment;
- Notify Supervisor/Cook if food or supply inventory is low;
- Receive, label, store, and check food and supplies in proper storage areas;
- Prepare food, snack, and dessert for regular, texture modified and therapeutic diets;
- Ensure foods served are palatable and at the right temperature with right portion sizes served;
- Report safety hazards immediately to the supervisor;
- Clean up dining room, wash equipment, and collect and remove garage from kitchen;
- Follow the assigned daily cleaning and work activity schedule;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Food Service Worker certificate/diploma and Food Handler certificate;
- Experience working with seniors in food services sector;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Bilingual in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) required.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
DISCLAIMER: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.