Founded in Toronto in 1964 as a charitable organization to promote Chinese culture and heritage through caring for the elderly and nurturing the young, Mon Sheong Foundation provides programs and services to the elderly and to the young in response to the needs of Canada’s culturally diverse communities.
Reporting to the Support Services Supervisor at Mon Sheong Home For The Aged, the incumbent must maintain a comfortable, safe, and aesthetic environment for the residents, staff and visitors. All work will be carried out in accordance with health and safety guidelines and procedures to ensure the safety of residents and workers.
• Clean, disinfect, polish and dust residents’ rooms, walls, floors and light fixtures;
• Dust residents’ window ledges, door frames and closets;
• Perform daily/monthly cleaning of glass as needed;
• Clean counter tops, tables and chairs as well as disinfect all soils and spills;
• Vacuum all carpets as required;
• Clean washrooms of the entire Home;
• Clean, disinfect, and polish tubs, sinks, taps, toilets and mirrors;
• Wash all floors with germicidal solution; clean grout on the floors regularly;
• Dust and mop lounge areas daily; sweep and mop dining room floors after each meal;
• Do laundry for all the residents including personal clothing and linens;
• Follow up and take action on all reports of lost clothing.
• Clean up staff’s lockers and volunteer and staff rest rooms;
• Sweep and wash stairwells weekly
• Empty garbage to the janitor/soiled room; change plastic liners as needed;
• Clean wheelchairs based on assigned schedule;
• Follow procedures for the cleaning and care of equipment
• Responsible for the inventory and control of laundry supplies and products
• Communicate with the charge nurse regarding special care of linens or clothing
• Shuffle snow during the winter time if necessary;
• Perform other duties as required.
• Grade 12 education or equivalent;
• Enjoy working with the elderly;
• Ability to operate laundry equipment;
• Bilingual in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) is a definite asset.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.