Mon Sheong Foundation (MSF) is a Canadian registered charitable organization and has been proudly serving the Greater Toronto Area since 1964. Our philosophy is by caring for the elderly and encourage the young, and providing programs and services to meet the needs of our communities.
Throughout our history, we have constantly introduced new initiatives to fulfill our mission, and today we are home to four long-term care centres, an adult day program, three Chinese school campuses, a youth group, two community and volunteer services centres, three independent living senior apartments, private care, and charity care units. We provide an exceptionally high level of care for our residents and have received accreditation from CARF for our quality care excellence.
We have a dedicated team and are continuously seeking talents to meet current demand and the growth of our organization.
Reports to Director, Human Resources. This incumbent is responsible for providing on-site HR support to LTC Homes and Private Care, coordinating recruitment and hiring process and health and safety programs, and provide administrative assistance to HR department.
Main Job responsibilities:
Provide HR supports and guidance to all employees.
- Respond to employee inquiries, direct inquiries to appropriate parties, and assist with problem resolution and provision of required information
- Report and seek advices from Director HR for complex HR issues to ensure the accuracy of information provided
- Interpret HR policy, programs and procedures and ensure employees are provided with accurate and consistent information
- Provide administrative supports to performance review and salary review process
- Coordinate internal and external training for all positions to support appropriate skills development.
- Ensure human resources files and records are maintained in accordance with privacy legislation and Foundation’s policies and procedures
- Assist in the planning, logistics and execution of HR initiatives as required
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Coordinate onboarding, recruitment and hiring process.
- Prepare both internal and external job postings and advertise job vacancies through company website, online job boards, social media, campus recruitment, newspaper, job fair, etc.
- Conduct recruiting, hiring, screening, background checking and employment offers in collaboration with the hiring supervisor
- Advice and coach supervisors in the interview and hiring process
- Explain, interpret and sign employment offers with all new hires and complete on boarding paperwork
- Conduct orientation and annual re-training on HR related topics
Coordinate and support Health and Safety program.
- Coordinate all WSIB claims and communicate with claim adjudicators and case managers on status updates
- Ensure modified duties are offered and return to work plan are followed
- Ensure the timely completion of accident/injury reporting to WSIB, and maintain all claim files
- Participate in JHSC meetings on a regular basis, and attend workplace inspection when required
- University degree or college diploma in Human Resources Management or post Graduate program in Human Resources Management
- Working toward CHRP designation a strong asset
- Three years’ experience working in Human Resources
- Knowledge of employment laws, regulations and policies and occupational health and safety legislation and procedures
- Experience working in healthcare sector an asset
- Experience in benefits and payroll administration an asset
- Experience with HRIS an asset
- Experience in unionized work environment an asset
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks with deadlines
- Focused on providing exceptional support to our internal customers with a positive attitude and friendly disposition
- Ability and willingness to contribute effectively in a team environment
- Ability to deal with HR issues with a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese an asset
Mon Sheong Foundation has mandated a COVID-19 vaccination policy in place. As a condition of employment, all new hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation prior to employment start.
At Mon Sheong, we will provide you with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and appropriate training, as well as daily infection prevention screening of clients and workers, prior to visits, to help prevent exposures to COVID-19.
We thank all applicants for their interest, please note only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook and Instagram’s
#Mon Sheong Foundation