Nurse Practitioner (NP) of MSF Private Care, under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, will demonstrate expert-level knowledge, skills and leadership in providing acute and episodic care for the Residents of our Private Care facilities. The NP will play a vital role in the efficient and effective provision of high-quality nursing services and therapeutic programs, which promote, oversee, and maintain the health, well-being, comfort and independence of our Residents at Richmond Hill Private Care and Markham Private Care locations.
- Conduct resident assessments, diagnosing; ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals and performing specific procedures within the legislated scope of practice.
- Ensure a timely response to a patient’s changing health status and needs; and provide direct patient care focusing on health promotion and maximizing patient’s safety and function to support frail seniors within our care.
- Perform clinical assessments combined with sound clinical judgment/diagnostic and treatment skills – within full scope of practice as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- Facilitate the coordination and involvement of key stakeholders, including physicians, clinical staff and families, in the development of resident care plans, with a focus on resident-centered care.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by working effectively and collaboratively amongst inter-disciplinary team, building and foster external relationship.
- Demonstrate leadership in the education, mentoring, support and communication with staff, residents and families.
- Ensure the provision of safe, evidence based, cost effective, patient and family centered care.
- Identify and implement appropriate clinical documentation and record keeping practices.
- Keep up to date with health related policy and implement if deemed appropriate to impact resident care in a positive manner.
- Participate in ongoing quality monitoring and improvement.
- Participate in creating, delivering and maintaining an exceptional quality program.
- Other duties might be assigned from time to time.
- Completion of a recognized Primary Care or Adult Nurse Practitioner program with a minimum of 3 years of geriatric experience preferred;
- Able to prescribe controlled substances as authorized by CNO;
- Masters of Nursing;
- Current Extended Class certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Sound working knowledge of health care and geriatric care;
- PIECES (Physical, Intellectual, Emotional, Capability, Environment and Social) or other seniors-focused training or professional development, an asset;
- Previous experience in clinical work with geriatric clients;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and to assess situations and problems efficiently and effectively;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills both in English and Chinese are preferable;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience with written documentation, care plans and dictation;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, collaborative and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to exercise initiative and observe strict confidentiality;
- Demonstrated commitment to MSF core values;
- Willingness to travel to all sites;
- Travel required within Greater Toronto Area;
- Request to work on call/weekend if needed;
- 24/7 Emergency On-Call response might be required.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if require accommodation.