Reporting to the Director of Resident Care/Assistant Director of Resident Care, the incumbent will perform various administrative functions to support Nursing and Personal Support Care programs and services to maintain and improve service quality.
- Participate in the facility-wide quality assurance programs.
- Assist in scheduling and finding replacements of staff for the Nursing Department.
- Prepare documentation related to payroll for staff in Nursing Department.
- Coordinate care conference schedules for residents, family members, and nursing staff.
- Coordinate schedules of home physicians and specialists.
- Receive and respond to incoming phone calls and inquiries related to Nursing Department.
- Perform administrative duties, including managing residents’ charts, records and mails, taking minutes during meetings, and updating lists.
- Purchase, receive, and organize nursing supplies and equipment; maintain inventory storage rooms and lists.
- Assist Social Services to process applications for Home residency and correspond with residents and families.
- Provide clerical support to multidisciplinary care team of the Home.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- High school diploma required.
- One (1) year experience working in Long-Term Care Facility.
- Enjoys working with seniors.
- Ability to undertake general office duties.
- Commitment to excellence and teamwork.
- Demonstrates core competencies i.e. customer service, continuous improvement, leadership and initiatives.
- Adhere to professional competencies, i.e. caring and respectful behavior, strong communication and interpersonal skills, good typing skills, conflict management skills and organizational skills.
- Strong computer literacy, familiar with Microsoft Office Suite e.g. Word, Excel, etc.
- Proficiency in oral and written English.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin.
Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook and Instagram’s
#Mon Sheong Foundation
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
DISCLAIMER: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.