Under the direction of the Director of Resident Care or designate at Mon Sheong Stouffville Long Term Care Centre, the Resident Care Team Lead will collaborate with regulated and non-registered staff to ensure that his/her assigned units are in accordance with the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and Standard of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Foster and promote the provision of resident-driven care and personal care services that reflect the values and preferences of the residents.
- Ensure the interdisciplinary team meet resident’s physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual, and cultural needs and expectations and create a comfortable and safe environment that provides opportunities for privacy, dignity, and control of resident’s personal style.
- Provide updated residents’ condition to attending physicians during the rounds;
- Monitor and evaluate nursing services under the direction of the Director of Resident Care or delegate.
- Participate in annual strategic planning to set goals and objectives for the nursing
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Resident Care or delegate.
- Current certificate of competence of Registered Nurse from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Possession of valid CPR (Health Care Provider Level C) and First Aid certificates.
- Certification in Gerontology and current membership with GNA and RNAO is desirable.
- Recent experience in geriatric, rehabilitation or long-term care preferred.
- Ability to discern relevant information to make effective judgement and decisions to manage care.
- Ability to work as a team leader and demonstrate supervisory skills.
- Demonstrate core competencies, i.e. customer service, continuous improvement, leadership and initiatives, and team player.
- Adhere to professional competences, i.e. caring and respectful behaviour, therapeutic relationship, clinical skills and knowledge, strong assessment skills, communication skills, conflict management skills and organisation skills.
- Proficiency in oral and written English and the ability to speak Cantonese/Mandarin is preferred.
- Willing to work shift duties (day/evening/night) and weekends on a rotation basis.
- Relevant computer literacy.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.