Mon Sheong Foundation is a Canadian registered charitable organization, dedicated to the promotion of Chinese culture, heritage, language and philosophy through caring for the elderly, encouraging the young and providing programs and services in response to the need of the community.
Reporting to the Director of Resident Care/Assistant Director of Resident Care at Mon Sheong Scarborough Long Term Care, and acting under the direction of the RNs, the RPN will plan, delegate and supervise care given by non-registered nursing personnel within his/her assigned unit. The RPN shall act in accordance with the regulations of the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario. This position is part of CUPE.
- Provide services as reflected in the Home’s philosophy and mission as well as the job description;
- Meet the physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual, cultural and social needs and expectations of the residents as assessed and planned by the interdisciplinary team, with particular emphasis on cultural sensitivity;
- Provide nursing care and clinical intervention in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of resident-driven care by participating in the resident’s MDS assessment and developing an individual resident’s care plan and updating accordingly;
- Create a comfortable and safe environment that provides opportunities for privacy, dignity, control and maintenance of resident’s personal style;
- Assume responsibilities for medication administration, narcotic control, application of treatments and dressings, transcription of physician orders, reordering of medications and other skills;
- Provide supervision and support to non-regulated staff on his/her assigned Resident Home Area (RHA) by following the standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Support effective HR Practices by assisting non-regulated staff to identify training and development needs, and monitor staff’s compliance with Home’s policies and procedures;
- Participate in meetings and conferences with staff on assigned RHA;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Resident Care/ Assistant Director of Resident Care or delegate.
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Possession of valid CPR and First Aid Certificates;
- Certification in Gerontology and current membership with GNA and RNAO is desirable;
- Minimum of one year experience in geriatric, rehabilitation or long-term care preferred;
- Adherence to professional competencies, i.e. caring and respectful behavior, clinical knowledge and skills, assessment skills, communication skills, conflict management skills and organization skills;
- Demonstrated supervisory and team leadership skills;
- Proficiency in oral and written English; ability to speak Cantonese/Mandarin is an asset;
- Willingness to work rotating Day/Evening/Night shifts with alternate weekends;
- Relevant computer literacy.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.