The Administrator, Retirement Home (Private Care) oversees and manages operations of both the Richmond Hill and Markham Private Care Centers, retirement homes as a division of Mon Sheong Foundation. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the provision of quality care for residents in the Private Care through the effective operation and administration of the Private Care Centre in accordance with Provincial Retirement Home Act and the Private Care’s specific policies and procedures.
- Full authority/oversight over daily operations and responsible for managing and overseeing the delivery of exceptional and compassionate care to all residents within area(s) of responsibility.
- Engage staff, providers and leadership in developing and implementing action plans to meet annual operating goals that are in alignment with strategic plan and to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Overall accountability and oversight of Private Care area including: financial and operational performance; provider practice efficiency; service excellence; budget development and talent/performance management.
- Manage the selection, training, coaching, mentoring, development and evaluation of assigned staff.
- Responsible for problem resolution in collaboration with Management as necessary.
- Lead and manage strategic initiatives and manage programs in identified service lines. Provide solutions and strategic direction for addressing the operational issues.
- Demonstrate ability on inspiring staff and improving quality of staff, systems, and environment to insure high quality care and service.
- Continually streamline and improve operations to generate efficiencies.
- Manage operational compliance with all government regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in developing strategies to meet and exceed short and long-term strategic goals.
- Continued improvement of organization and skill requirements of the staff to effectively and efficiently meet short and long-term objectives.
- Ability to work non-regular hours/weekends.
- Other duties might be assigned from time to time.
- Post-Secondary education in Health or Social Services or equivalent from a recognized University or College.
- Working towards or willing to completion of a course/certification program on retirement home/long-term care management recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Health.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, financial management and administrative abilities.
- Minimum three years working experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity, preferably in a facility-based or community-based retirement home/long-term care services.
- Good knowledge of current trends and legislation in Retirement Home and other related legislation.
- Strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in oral and written English.
- Fluency in Cantonese; Mandarin an asset.
- Travel required within Greater Toronto Area.
- Strong computer proficiency.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.