Mon Sheong Foundation (MSF) is a Canadian registered charitable organization and has been proudly serving the Greater Toronto Area since 1964. Our philosophy is by caring for the elderly and encourage the young, and providing programs and services to meet the needs of our communities.
Throughout our history, we have constantly introduced new initiatives to fulfill our mission, and today we are home to four long-term care centres, an adult day program, three Chinese school campuses, a youth group, two community and volunteer services centres, three independent living senior apartments, private care, and charity care units. We provide an exceptionally high level of care for our residents and have received accreditation from CARF for our quality care excellence.
We have a dedicated team and are continuously seeking talents to meet current demand and the growth of our organization.
The Communications Officer is responsible for conducting a wide variety of duties in support of the Communications and Marketing team. Specifically, the incumbent will help to enhance Mon Sheong’s brand image by focusing on initiatives related to English written communication, traditional media and digital media.
- Produce a wide variety of communications materials including featured stories, news articles, press releases, media advisories, letters, speeches, scripts, and notices.
- Coordinate mainstream media relations by managing media lists, making connections, and maintaining contacts within the industry.
- Assist in the coordination of dignitary visits to Mon Sheong facilities and invitations for special events.
- Provide English translation of Chinese content created by the Development and Communications team and other departments.
- Direct and respond to general email inquiries.
- Provide assistance and support to the overall planning, coordination, and execution of fundraising and marketing initiatives of the Foundation.
- Provide general administrative assistance to the Development & Communications department.
- Other related duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Post-secondary education in English, communications, journalism, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years work experience in marketing, communications, public relations, or advertising
- Highly proficient in verbal and written English, in both creative and business writing
- Ability to read and write Chinese an asset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Please visit our careers page to view the full job posting at
Mon Sheong Foundation has mandated a COVID-19 vaccination policy in place. As a condition of employment, all new hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation prior to employment start. At Mon Sheong, we will provide you with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and appropriate training, as well as daily infection prevention screening of clients and workers, prior to visits, to help prevent exposures to COVID-19.
We thank all applicants for their interest, please note only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook and Instagram