Clerical Support Volunteer
Activation Supervisor and/or Administration Team Supervisor
Clerical Support Volunteer supports many of the administrative functions at Mon Sheong Long-Term Care Centres, including data entry, answering phones, event participation and various other clerical projects.
- Data entry and filing.
- Assist with office administrative tasks.
- Organize and count inventory.
Requirements of Role and Screening:
- 18 years of age or older.
- An active interest in helping seniors in a compassionate, understanding and patient manner.
- Self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of clients.
- Computer skills are desired, but not necessary.
- Ability to communicate and speak effectively in English, Cantonese or Mandarin.
- Able to attend additional training.
- Satisfactory Volunteer Application process includes a Vulnerable Sector Screening and Volunteer Health Screening.
Commitment and Locations:
- Monday to Friday, 3 or 4-hour shifts or as assigned.
- Minimum commitment of 6 months.
- Location available:
- Mon Sheong Scarborough Long-Term Care Centre
- Entitled to have one lunch/dinner box per 3 hours of continuous service.
- Regular continuing education and volunteer support sessions available.
- Reference letter upon completion of 100 volunteer hours.
- Eligible for our volunteer recognition programs.