We are looking for 10-12 volunteers to support and assist a series of weekly online forums with Chinese seniors. Acting as co-host, the volunteers ensure a positive and smooth experience for the participants.
Date: Every Wednesday & Thursday, from November 4, 2020 to the end of January 2021
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Minimum commitment: 2 weeks
- Assist the speaker and facilitator with Zoom program management such as admitting participants, resolving participants’ technical issues, explaining zoom program functions.
- Take notes and inform speaker and facilitator with any inquiries from participants on the chat.
- Assist in the smooth facilitation of the online forums.
- Complete tasks as assigned and report to the immediate staff.
- 18 years of age or older.
- An active interest in helping seniors in a compassionate, understanding and patient manner
- Demonstrate computer skills and experienced with using Zoom program.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally in Cantonese. Fluency in Mandarin is an asset.
- Access to own laptop/tablet/cellphone with stable internet connection.
- Able to attend training and orientation on the week of October 19th or October 26th (TBC).
How to Apply:
Please quote ‘Virtual Program Assistant’ in the subject line and reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information by Friday October 9, 2020.
For more information, please contact Willa Tam, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or 905-883-9288 ext. 3022.