Visitors, families and caregivers are an important part of a resident’s care and social support. Please see our Visitor Policy for the latest information.
Precautions for entering the Home
When entering Home, everyone must take the following steps:
Step 1: Review Screening Questions at the entrance. Do not enter if feeling unwell, showing symptoms, are COVID-19 positive, awaiting results of a COVID-19 test, or in close contact with a COVID-19 positive person.
Step 2: Clean your hands with hand sanitizer available from a provided dispenser.
Step 3: Masking is recommended during your visit at the Home but not mandatory. New masks are available to all visitors at the Home’s entrance.
Step 4: Complete the Visitor Log
Visiting might be restricted if the Home/ Unit is in a Surveillance Outbreak/ Suspected Outbreak/ Confirmed Outbreak.
Visitors may consume foods or drinks in Resident Home Area.
No vaccination requirement for visitors.
Preventing the spread of infection diseases
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces