Report to Manager / Supervisor of Nutrition and Dietary Services; prepare and serves food for the residents; maintain the highest quality standard of food production, cleanliness, and sanitation standard of work area and equipment.
- Prepare, serve meals to residents;
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation standard of all kitchen equipment;
- Notify Supervisor / Cook if food / supply inventory is low;
- Receive, label, store, and check food and supplies in proper storage areas;
- Prepare food, snack, and dessert for regular, texture modified and therapeutic diets;
- Ensure foods served are palatable and at right temperature with the right portion sizes served;
- Prepare dining areas by setting tables, filling condiment containers and delivering food to tables as necessary;
- Report safety hazards immediately to the supervisor;
- Clean up dining room, wash equipment, collect and remove garage from kitchen;
- Follow the assigned daily cleaning and work activity schedule;
- Attend staff meetings, committee meetings and in-service training as required;
- Assist in updating residents’ nutritional information as assigned;
- Assist in maintaining records for the dietary operation;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Food Service Worker certificate or diploma & Food Handlers certificate;
- Experience working with seniors in food services sector;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to multi-task in a face pace work environment;
- Able to work flexible hours and weekends;
- Bilingual in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) required.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act . If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if require accommodation.