This position will report to the Accounting Supervisor; following the business direction of the Corporate Accountant. The role of this position is to ensure the financial records maintaining in an accurate and timely manner and also responsible for the day-to-day accounting function (book-keeping, banking, cheque processing, billings, reconciliations, reporting etc.) as well as assisting budgeting, forecasting, and annual audit.
- Record and maintain financial transactions in Sage 300 AccPac
Liaise with Business Unit Managers on business transactions
- Process cheque run; ensure proper authorization on purchases. Respond inquiries from staff and vendors.
- Process EFT transactions for resident co-payment, banking deposits as required.
Perform month-end accounting entries and reconciliations
- Maintain the accurate records of trust account
Perform financial analysis and schedule of financial statements
Perform GST/HST filing
- Perform Annual Reconciliation Report
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting, as required
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Working towards an accounting designation or undergraduate degree in accounting or equivalent.
- 3 years of working experience in Accounting
- Experience in Not-for-profit organization or health care institutions would be an asset
- Knowledge of MS Office and AccPac is preferred
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively under multiple assignments in an organized manner
- Ability to interface and work cooperatively across the organization
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.