Mon Sheong Foundation is seeking a part-time Assistant Accountant in supporting financial accounting of Business Units such as Long Term Care Centre, Retirement Home, Senior Apartment Life Lease, Chinese School, Community Services Centre, Foundation, Special Projects and other areas to be assigned. This position will report to the Financial Controller. The role of this position is to ensure the financial records maintaining an accurate and timely manner for the supporting functions. The position is responsible for the day-to-day accounting function (book-keeping, banking, cheque processing, billings, reconciliations, reporting…etc) as well as assisting budgeting, forecasting, and annual audit.
- Record and maintain financial transactions in Sage 300 AccPac.
- Liaise with Business Unit Managers on business transactions.
- Process cheque run; ensure proper authorization on purchases. Respond inquiries from staff and vendors.
- Process payment transactions for tuition, banking deposits, EFT online banking as required.
Perform month-end accounting entries and reconciliations.
- Maintain the good records for the supporting functions.
- Perform financial analysis and schedule of financial statements.
- Perform GST/HST filing as required.
- Perform Annual Reconciliation Report.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting, as required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Working towards an accounting designation or undergraduate degree in accounting or equivalent.
- 3 years of working experience in Accounting.
- Experience in Not-for-profit organization or health care institutions would be an asset.
- Knowledge of MS Office and ACCPAC is preferred.
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively under multiple assignments in an organized manner.
- Ability to interface and work cooperatively across the organization.