Reporting to the Director, Development and Communications, the Manager, Communications and Marketing is responsible for the development and implementation of all communications and marketing strategies of Mon Sheong Foundation. The incumbent will oversee the production of communications materials and marketing campaigns; increase the digitization of the Foundation’s marketing efforts; and collaborate with the rest of the Development and Communications team to enhance Mon Sheong’s image while promoting its services, events, and fundraising needs.
- Develop and implement communications and marketing initiatives to promote Mon Sheong’s work and elevate its brand image.
- Oversee the preparation of written communications such as feature articles, press releases, letters, and speeches; marketing collateral such as flyers, posters, and brochures; and various publications such as newsletters, magazines, and annual reports.
- Lead the creation of new websites to ensure sufficient functionality and support is provided for the Foundation’s services, events, and fundraising initiatives.
- Manage strategy, activity, content, engagement, and advertising campaigns of social media accounts to enhance the Foundation’s digital presence.
- Supervise mainstream media relations and media pitch activities.
- Work closely with the Manager, Event Management to coordinate and execute Foundation events while overseeing the production of promotional materials and external communications to generate event publicity and coverage.
- Work closely with the Manager, Resource Development to produce fundraising campaigns and assist in the solicitation and stewardship of corporate sponsors, donors, and prospects.
- Collaborate with promotional partners, vendors, and service providers for marketing activities as needed.
- Act as a liaison to facilitate understanding between the Foundation and the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, public relations, advertising, or equivalent
- Work experience in corporate communications and marketing, original writing and editing, and some public relations
- Excellent English and Chinese communication skills, both verbal and written are preferable; ability to translate between the two languages a definite asset
- Strong relationships with media across Canada
- Proven work experience in digital marketing
- Experience of contributing to fundraising proposal
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated proofreading skills
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability prioritize and oversee multiple tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle an asset