Reporting to the Manager, Nutrition and Dietary Services or designate at Mon Sheong Richmond Hill Long Term Care Centre, the incumbent must prepare food for residents and other events. He/she must also supervise food service workers who will be assisting with the food preparation. He/she must ensure the highest quality of food production, cleanliness and sanitation, and health and safety standards within the workplace.
- Responsible for the preparation and production of all meals and catering services as listed on weekly menu including therapeutic diets and menu alternatives;
- Ensure foods are palatable and served at right temperature with the right portion according to the residents’ likes and dislikes charts;
- Assist with menu planning and recipe development;
- Train and supervise food service workers;
- Prepare purchase requisition for food and supplies according to specifications;
- Ensure items are delivered accurately, stored properly, and report any shortages or discrepancies;
- Maintain in and out record of food inventory;
- Report health and safety hazards immediately to the supervisor / manager;
- Follow Quality Management Plan for Nutrition and Dietary Services;
- Ensure all food and food samples are properly stored and labeled;
- Ensure all food contact surfaces are sanitized;
- Ensure all kitchen equipment and tools are properly cleaned, sanitized, and maintained;
- Deputize for the Food Service Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Grade 12 or higher;
- Food Service Worker Diploma or Certificate;
- Food Handler Certificate;
- Must have Chef Training or Culinary Management Diploma from a program recognized by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities;
- 5+ years of experience in Chinese culinary;
- Good interpersonal, communication, and supervisory skills;
- Ability to speak, read, and write Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) are an asset.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
DISCLAIMER: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.