The Director, Capital Projects is supporting Chief Executive Officer in all active projects. This includes but not limited to project planning, execution, working with respective government bodies, professionals and consultants. In coordination with Senior Management and Stakeholders, to meet MSF’s current and future objectives.
- Responsive to development opportunities in accordance with the MSF’s project plan approval procedures
- Assist in the due diligence process of prospective acquisitions of properties
- Responsible for executing approved project plans through the coordination of, and teaming with Senior Management of the Foundation, outside Consultants, Development Associates, and Financial Officers etc.
- Administrative functions including periodic project status updates in accordance with MSF’s project plan approval procedures, project update meetings, and project plan revisions or updates to Senior Management and/or the Board as applicable.
- Identify and review applicable municipal, regional, and provincial policies relevant to each project, and preparing a summary for senior management review
- Work closely with CFO to prepare financial reports for project related matters, Project Budgets, HST/ITC Reports and cash-flow schedules
- Attendance at municipal and regional public meetings, open houses, committee meetings, and council meetings in support of development applications, including preparation of meeting summaries for internal circulation
- Respectful and effective communication with administration, council, developers, stakeholders and the general public on all planning and development matters in accordance with applicable provincial legislation and regulations and municipal policies and bylaws.
- Administration of regulatory policy documents, banking documents and associated legal agreements, being able to quickly digest and comment upon them.
- Proactively monitors, evaluates and leads continuous improvement initiatives to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- An undergraduate degree in business, planning or work equivalency.
- Real estate industry knowledge with areas of specialization where required.
- Good understanding of land development process.
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to work with proformas, complex financial data and budgets.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be a highly organized, analytical and logical person.
- Must be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented.
- Excellent risk assessment and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to commute frequently and primarily domestically.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.