Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating the recruitment and hiring functions, supporting the health and safety programs, maintaining the human resources database and files, and providing administrative assistance to all members of the team.
- Coordinate Recruitment and Hiring
- Prepare internal and external job postings as well as advertise job vacancies;
- Screen applicants, conduct background check, and extend employment offers in collaboration with the hiring supervisors;
- Coordinate interview schedules, respond to job applicants, and prepare decline letters;
- Ensure all employee information is current and maintained in the HR database and files.
- Coordinate and Support the Health and Safety Program
- Coordinate WSIB claims and support safe and early return to work
- Ensure timely completion of all accident/injury reporting to WSIB and maintain all claim files.
- Maintain Human Resources Policies, Files, and Records
- Ensure all Human Resources files and records are maintained in accordance with relevant legislation and the Foundation’s policies and procedures;
- Provide payroll records and changes to the Finance Department in accordance with the bi-weekly pay cycles;
- Work in close association with Payroll on administration of new hires and processing of terminations.
- Other Support Duties
- Coordinate orientation and support the on-boarding process;
- Coordinate internal and external training to support appropriate skills development;
- Assist with the employee performance and appraisal programs;
- Assist with the administration of the annual salary increase;
- Promote employee recognition and retention by assisting with annual staff events and award programs;
- Participate with the planning, logistics, and execution of HR initiatives as required;
- Maintain inventory of office supplies within the HR Department;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- University Degree or College Diploma or Post-Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management;
- 3+ years of work experience in an office environment including a minimum of 1 year experience in Human Resources;
- Knowledge of employment law and regulations, and occupation health and safety legislation and procedures;
- Experience working in the healthcare sector an asset;
- Experience with payroll and benefits administration an asset;
- Experience with HRIS an asset;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint;
- Good communication, interpersonal, organizational skills;
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Ability and willingness to contribute effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to deal with HR issues with a high level of discretion and confidentiality;
- Focused on providing exceptional support to our internal customers with a positive attitude and friendly disposition;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese a definite asset.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.