Reporting to the Administrative Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for performing reception duties and providing clerical and administrative supports to the management team.
- Manage phone calls, monitor visitors, and accept deliveries;
- Answer any inquiries from residents, visiting families, staff, and outsiders;
- Monitor the lobby for safety and security purposes;
- Coordinate the delivery of incoming mail, invoices, and faxed documents for different departments;
- Direct visiting families, visitors, and meeting participants to the appropriate locations;
- Prepare and post notices, memos, and flyers;
- Translate documents from English to Chinese or vice versa;
- Perform clerical duties including but not limited to: filing, photocopying, and data entry;
- Monitor parking lots, issue parking permits to staff, visitors, and/or volunteers;
- Inform the Dietary Department on meal orders and distribute meals to staff and volunteers, as required;
- Handle cheques and cash donations;
- Assist with fundraising for the Foundation Office and monitor donation box at the reception counter;
- Monitor key box and borrowing of office equipment from the Administration office and educational materials from the Resource Centre;
- Participate in the facility-wide quality assurance program;
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of computer software to facilitate general office duties;
- Typing skill with minimum speed of 60 wpm;
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese is an asset;
- Experience working in an elderly/seniors/health care facility;
- Experience with reception/ office procedures.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.